Advertisement

17 December 2015

My 2016 Resolutions

I know Christmas isn't even over yet, but I'm already thinking about what I'd like to achieve in the next 12 months. So here are my 2016 resolutions:

Worry less about things that don't matter

I worry a lot and overthink what people have said to me. I'm probably not the only one, and I'm going to try and worry less, with the goal of being less anxious about meeting people and talking to them on the phone (which I hate) so I hope that I can not be trapped in my mind so much.

Lose more weight

I've lost a bit of weight recently as I've been eating healthier and drinking a lot of smoothies, so I'm hoping that continues into 2016, along with going to the gym and running more. I really hope I can stick to this one, I've done well so far.

Get rid of people that I don't need in my life 

There have been a couple of people this year that I was still friends with because I was making an effort to talk to them, but actually they were getting really fed up with me. It all ended badly and I wish they were more honest. I've had to use a lot of courage to block them out of my life completely and go into 2016 without them, which feels oh so good :)

Blog more

I didn't blog very much in 2015, as I thought I didn't have anything to blog about - but turns out I have quite a lot. I've made it a promise to write more, and not wait 8 months to take it up again, with the hope that my portfolio will grow for jobs in the future. I can't wait for the opportunities and lots of new music in 2016.

Don't be so hard on myself

I'm always beating myself down about my uni work and that my assignments aren't good enough, something that I know should be changed. I need to give myself a break sometimes and say "no, this is as good as it could be", making me more proud of my work and the things I achieve.

Those are my resolutions for next year, I hope I can stick to them! What are your resolutions? Let me know in the comments below. Don't forget to follow me on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook to keep up with my posts throughout 2016.

A K Jones
xx

1 comment

  1. I like your resolutions, and I worry a lot too.
    Here are mine:

    1. “work hard, play hard”

    2. Budget money more.

    3. “your health comes first" health takes priority in my final year, if i am struggling to tell someone as I suffer from anxiety at times.

    4. Get out of your comfort zone every now and again.

    5. “Gig like you’ve never gigged before” (perform as much as possible)

    6. Follow your dreams and see where it leads you…

    7. “God has a plan for you” trust in God, pray, join the catholic community at
    my university.

    8. Do random acts of kindness, “be kind to one another”-Ellen DeGeneres.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I really appreciate it. xx

© Hooked On The Music | All rights reserved.
BLOG TEMPLATE HANDCRAFTED BY pipdig